Prep: 5 mins | Cook: 45mins | Total: 50 mins | Servings: 6 | Yield: 6 servings
The good things happen when you mix chicken with rotini pasta, marinara sauce, and tons of shredded mozzarella cheese. Casseroles are easy to produce and delicious. If you love casseroles just as much as we do, then try this recipe. You can add in some side salad and crusty bread, and you’ll have dinner on the table in a flash. My whole family raved about this delicious casserole, and I know it’s going to become a family favorite in your home too.
2 cups rotini pasta
1 (12 oz) can chicken chunks, drained
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 cups marinara sauce
½ cup seasoned bread crumbs
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the rotini, and return to a boil. Cook, uncovered, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then drain well in a colander set in the sink.
3. Add and stir rotini, chicken, and mozzarella cheese in a large casserole dish. Pour the marinara sauce over the pasta mixture, sprinkle with bread crumbs. Cover the dish with aluminum foil.
4. Bake until the cheese is entirely melted for 35 minutes in the preheated oven.
1. Bite-sized chicken pieces are better when it’s sliced. It will make it cook quicker, and it is easier to chew when you’re eating. You don’t need to cut it down while you enjoy your meal.
2. You’re allowed to use whole grain or whole wheat paste and even panko breadcrumbs if you want to have a healthy meal.
3. Add your casserole in vegetables or various forms of meat. Getting some different add-ins can help make this casserole more fun when you regularly make it.
4. Garnish with parsley or basil on top for added color and taste.
5. Leftover chicken can be used to make this recipe.
Per Serving: 358.7 calories; fat 11g 17% DV; cholesterol 47.3mg 16% DV; sodium 891.1mg 36% DV; protein 23.8g 48% DV; carbohydrates 39.4g 13% DV.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!