Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Total Time: 30 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
I love this recipe so much! A big thanks to my dear friend, Alexa, for this! Oh, man, you have got to bite your teeth into this Chicken Parmesan! My only advice is to be very generous with the amount of cheese that you are going to add. Have a wonderful day, friends. Enjoy!
2 large chicken breasts, boneless skinless
6 slices of provolone cheese
3 tablespoons basil, optional
3 tablespoons oil (more if needed)
1/4 c all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon salt
dash of pepper
2 large eggs, beaten
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2/3 c panko breadcrumbs
2/3 c parmesan cheese, grated
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground paprika
½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
Homemade Marinara Sauce:
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 teaspoon oil
1/2 small onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
14.5 ounces cubed tomatoes
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
¼ teaspoon salt
⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Prepare the oven and preheat.
2. Line with parchment paper a baking sheet.
3. Place a saucepan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
4. Add 1 teaspoon of oil and 1 tablespoon of butter. Allow them to melt and become hot.
5. Add onion and sauté until translucent.
6. Add the garlic, Italian seasoning, tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Sauté for 2 more minutes or until aromatic.
7. Transfer everything into a blender and pulse until pureed.
8. Put the pureed marinara sauce back to the saucepan. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for a few minutes.
For the Chicken:
1. Slice the chicken breast into small cuts. Use a meat mallet to beat them gently.
2. Mix all the ingredients for the three bowls.
3. Add the chicken slices into the first bowl, then into the second bowl, and lastly into the third bowl. Make sure to coat each chicken piece generously.
4. Add the chicken pieces into the skillet and cook each side for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Make sure to cook them in batches.
5. Arrange the fried chicken pieces onto the prepared baking sheet.
6. Spread the marinara sauce on top of the chicken pieces.
7. Add the cheese over the marinara sauce.
8. Place the baking sheet inside the preheated oven and broil for about 6 minutes or until the cheese has melted completely.
9. Sprinkle fresh basil on top.
10. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Calories: 551kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 192mg | Sodium: 1356mg | Potassium: 542mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 690IU | Vitamin C: 2.8mg | Calcium: 462mg | Iron: 2.4mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!