Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 25 mins | Total Time: 30 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
Prepare to fall in love with this delicious dish! Oh, man, you are so in for a treat! What I love the most about this is the rich and creamy sauce. It is more than enough for me! Feel free to add more ingredients if you wish. Have a great day, everyone. Enjoy!
600 g / 1.2-pound chicken breasts (mini chicken breasts/chicken tenders)
Salt and pepper
Low-calorie cooking spray (I used Fry Light)
1 onion, finely diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
300 g | 10oz white mushrooms, sliced
1 tablespoon flour
500 ml | 2 c beef stock, from a stock cube
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
150 g | ⅔ c fat-free Quark cheese
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
pasta, rice, mashed potatoes
Chopped parsley to garnish
1. Season all sides of the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
2. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat medium.
3. Apply cooking spray and allow it to become hot.
4. Add the chicken breasts and sear each side for about 3 minutes or until brown.
5. Remove the chicken breasts from the skillet onto a clean plate.
6. In the same skillet, add a bit of beef stock and scrape the bottom to get the brown bits.
7. Add the onions and cook for about 5 minutes or until translucent.
8. Add the garlic and mushrooms. Cook for about 5 minutes or until aromatic and golden brown.
9. Add the flour. Stir and cook for about a minute.
10. Add the rest of the beef stock and stir until well blended.
11. Turn the heat down to low and simmer for a few minutes.
12. Add the Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and Quark. Stir until well mixed.
13. Allow everything to simmer again for another 3 minutes or until the sauce reduces its volume.
14. Put the chicken breasts back to the skillet and heat for 5 more minutes.
15. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
16. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
17. Serve over rice or pasta. Enjoy!
Calories: 256kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 96mg | Sodium: 500mg | Potassium: 1087mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 205IU | Vitamin C: 8.4mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 1.7mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!