Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins | Total Time: 35 mins | Yield: 6 Servings
The best dish to serve for dinner is this Chicken Stroganoff with Mushrooms! This is a very simple recipe you can try that only needs 35 minutes of your life! Try it now and prepare to be amazed!
½ tsp paprika
2 cloves garlic, pressed through a garlic press
3 c chicken stock/broth
Olive or avocado oil
2 shallots, minced
½ c plus 2 tbsp flour, divided use
1 ½ lb. skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into thicker slices, or chunks
10 oz. cremini mushrooms, sliced
3 tbsp sour cream
1 tbsp chopped parsley
4 tbsp unsalted butter
Cooked egg noodles (optional)
1. In a large bowl, the chicken pieces, 1/4 flour, salt, paprika, and pepper. Toss until the chicken pieces are well coated. Shake off any excess flour.
2. Put a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
3. Add 4 tbsp of oil and allow it to become hot.
4. Add the chicken pieces in batches into the hot skillet, then sear each side for a few minutes until they turn golden brown.
5. Move the chicken pieces onto a clean plate. Repeat the step with the rest of the chicken.
6. In the empty skillet, add the mushrooms and sauté for a few minutes. Remove from the skillet and put the mushrooms onto a clean plate.
7. Turn the heat down to medium-low, then add 4 tbsp of butter to the same skillet and allow it to melt.
8. Add the garlic and shallots, then sauté for a few minutes until aromatic and soft.
9. Add the rest of the flour to the skillet, then whisk and cook for a minute or until brown.
10. Add the chicken stock, then stir until well blended. Get the browned bits at the bottom of the skillet by scraping them. Simmer for a few minutes until thick.
11. Bring mushrooms and chicken back into the skillet, then toss until well coated by the delicious sauce.
12. Simmer everything for a few more minutes.
13. Remove the skillet from the heat, then add freshly chopped parsley and sour cream, then stir until well blended. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
14. Serve right away over buttered egg noodles, mashed potatoes, or rice. Enjoy!
For the Egg Noodles:
1. Refer to the directions provided on the package of the noodles on how to cook them. Drain, then toss them with melted butter until well coated.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!