Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 40 mins | Total Time: 45 mins | Yield: 9 Servings
This cake will surely satisfy all your cravings today! Prepare to fall in love with every bite! I have listed all the ingredients and directions so you just have to follow them step by step and you are good to go! Have a great one, friends. Enjoy!
1 large Egg
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 c (63g) unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 c (55g) vegetable oil
1 c (125g) all-purpose flour
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 c (100g) whole milk
1/2 c (118g) warm water, can use coffee
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 c (200g) granulated sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 c sour cream
1 c milk chocolate chips
For the Cake:
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. Line with parchment paper in an 8×8-inch glass baking dish, then apply cooking spray to it.
3. In a mixing bowl, add sugar, baking powder, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Beat until well blended.
4. Add milk, vanilla extract, oil, and egg. Beat until well blended.
5. Pour in warm water and beat until well blended.
6. Transfer the batter to the prepared baking dish and spread it evenly. Use an offset spatula for this step.
7. Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for about 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean after inserting it in the middle.
8. Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes at room temperature.
For the Frosting:
1. Add the chocolate chips into a heat-proof bowl. Place it inside the microwave and heat it until melted completely.
2. Add vanilla and sour cream, then stir until well blended.
3. Add the frosting over the cake and spread it evenly.
4. Let it sit at room temperature for a couple of minutes.
5. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!