This recipe has always been a part of my family since I was little. My grandma used to make this Classic Creamed Chipped Beef on Toast all the time! I would always go to her house on weekends. She used to prepare a lot of food, but this one has always been my favorite! What I love about this is the delicious sauce. It is so rich and warm that it feels like home. Served over toast or biscuits, it is simply the best! Now, allow me to share this recipe with you! I have listed all the ingredients and directions so all you need to do is to follow them step by step for they will guide you to perfection! By the way, all you need are six basic ingredients to make this dish. Yes, you read it right! I’m also pretty sure that you already have them right now! I can’t think of any reason why you shouldn’t go for this recipe. Try it now. Enjoy!
4 1/2 oz. dried beef, cut into strips
1 tsp black pepper
4 tbsp butter
Texas toast slices (or biscuits, if desired)
3 c whole milk
1/3 c flour
1. Place a cast-iron skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
2. Add butter and allow it to melt.
3. Add the flour, then whisk and cook for a minute to remove the raw taste.
4. Add the whole milk, then stir until well blended. Simmer for a few minutes until the texture of the sauce becomes thick.
5. Add the dried beef strips and pepper, then stir until well mixed. Remove from the heat.
6. Serve on Texas toast or biscuits. Enjoy!
Add more ground pepper over each serving if you like.
For a spicy version, just simply add chili flakes or powder.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!