Dive into the world of delightful baking with our Classic Creamy Milk Bread Buns. These buns are not just ordinary bread rolls; they are a blend of softness, fluffiness, and a hint of buttery goodness. Biting into one of these will transport you to a haven of rich flavors. Whether you’re having them for breakfast, as a snack, or alongside your favorite stew, they are bound to be the star of the show. Let’s embark on this baking journey together.
Ingredients: Building Blocks of Flavor
– **Whole Milk:** 1 cup (240ml), warmed to about 110°F
– **Instant Yeast:** 2 + 1/4 tsp (1 packet)
– **Granulated Sugar:** 3 tbsp (divided for different uses)
– **Large Egg:** 1
– **Unsalted Butter:** 5 tbsp (71g/ 2.5Oz), melted, with some extra for brushing on top
– **Salt:** 1 teaspoon
– **All-Purpose Flour:** 3 1/4 cups (390g/ 13.7Oz), divided for different uses
Method: Crafting the Perfect Buns
1. **Initiating the Yeast:** Begin by warming up a cup of milk to 110 degrees Fahrenheit. To this, introduce a packet of instant yeast and one and a half tablespoons of sugar. Mix them gently and set the concoction aside for about 5 to 7 minutes, allowing it to become frothy and active.
2. **Mixing Wet Ingredients:** Once your yeast mixture has frothed up, transfer it to the bowl of a stand mixer. To this, add the luxuriously melted butter, the remaining granulated sugar, and one egg. Combine these ingredients using a whisk until they are seamlessly blended.
3. **Incorporating the Flour:** It’s now time to introduce the all-purpose flour. Add it in batches, whisking after each addition. This ensures that your dough maintains a smooth consistency.
4. **Kneading with the Mixer:** Attach the dough hook to your mixer and allow it to knead the dough for about two minutes. You’ll notice the dough starting to pull together, forming a semi-soft ball.
5. **Hand Kneading:** Dust your countertop with a bit of flour and turn out the dough onto this surface. Embrace the therapeutic process of kneading by hand until the dough feels smooth, elastic, and just a tad bit bouncy.
6. **First Proofing:** Lightly oil the dough ball and place it in a bowl. Cover it with a damp cloth or cling wrap and let it rest and rise for about an hour. This is its first proofing phase, where it should ideally double in size.
7. **Shaping the Buns:** Post the first proofing, and transfer the dough back to your floured surface. Gently deflate it and divide it into equal portions (9 to 12 based on your preference). Shape each portion into a smooth bun and place them onto a greased baking dish.
8. **Second Proofing:** Once all buns are shaped and placed, cover them and let them rest for another hour. This is their second proofing phase, and they’ll puff up further, becoming airy and light.
9. **Baking:** Brush the tops of the buns with an egg wash and sprinkle some sesame seeds for that extra crunch and visual appeal. Place them in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for about 20 minutes or until they turn a beautiful golden brown.
10. **Final Touch:** As soon as they emerge from the oven, brush them generously with some melted butter. This not only gives them a lovely sheen but also enhances their buttery flavor.
Let these buns cool slightly, and then they’re ready to be devoured! Whether you choose to have them plain, with some jam, or as a sandwich, they’re bound to leave you craving for more. Enjoy the soft, fluffy goodness of our Classic Creamy Milk Bread Buns!