Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 40 mins | Total Time: 50 mins | Yield: 8 Servings
This Classic French Apple Cake is so good! I got this recipe a couple of years ago, and I’m still in love with it to this day! The perfect dessert for today is less than an hour away from achieving. Try it now and prepare to fall in love. Enjoy!
1 c My measure 240 ml
1/2 c sugar
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons rum
1/2 c unsalted butter
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 apples peeled and chopped I used a gala variety
1 c all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons Vanilla Essence
1 tablespoon sugar for topping
A pinch of salt
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 180 degrees C.
2. Apply cooking spray and sprinkle flour in an 18cm cake pan.
3. Add salt, flour, and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Whisk until well blended.
4. In a separate mixing bowl, add vanilla, sugar, and butter. Beat until well blended and smooth.
5. Add the eggs gradually and beat every addition until well blended.
6. Transfer the flour mixture to the butter mixture. Add the rum as well and beat until well blended.
7. Add the apple slices and stir until just mixed.
8. Transfer the batter to the prepared cake pan and spread it evenly.
9. Sprinkle 2 tbsp of sugar on top.
10. Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for about 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean after inserting it in the middle.
11. Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool at room temperature.
12. Invert the cake and remove it from the pan.
13. Slice the cake into even servings.
14. Serve and enjoy!
Make sure to beat the butter and sugar well for the best result. Do not overmix though.
Only use the best apples for this specific recipe. You can use pears in exchange for apples.
Calories 279 | Calories from Fat 117 | Fat 13g20% | Saturated Fat 8g50% | Cholesterol 77mg26% | Sodium 66mg3% | Carbohydrates 35g12% | Fiber 2g8% | Sugar 22g24% | Protein 3g6%
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!