Enter the world of classic desserts with our ‘Classic Splendor: Soft and Moist Vanilla Cake with Cream Frosting.’ This isn’t your average vanilla cake; it’s a delightful treat that stays soft for days, offering a timeless taste that brings back fond memories. Made with a unique method and frosted with a creamy, buttery topping, this cake is perfect for all occasions. Whether it’s a birthday, a gathering, or simply a craving for a delicious dessert, this cake is a sure winner. Let’s delve into this wonderful baking adventure!
– 1/4 cup (59ml) canola or any unflavored vegetable oil
– 1/4 cup (59g) melted butter
– 1/2 cup (100ml) milk
– 7 egg whites
– 4 egg yolks
– 1 cup (200g/ 7Oz) sugar
– 1 cup (125g/ 4.4Oz) flour
– 2 tablespoons (15g) cornstarch
– 2 tsp (8.4ml) vanilla
For the cream frosting:
– 1 cup butter
– 2 cups sugar
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Begin by preparing your baking dish. Grease and line an 8-inch round cake tin with parchment paper. Set it aside.
2. Separate the egg whites from the yolks, placing them in different bowls. You will need 7 egg whites and 4 egg yolks.
3. Using a mixer, whip the egg whites on medium speed for about 30 seconds until they become light and frothy. Gradually add the sugar in batches. Continue beating until you achieve stiff peaks. Set the meringue aside.
4. In another bowl, combine the egg yolks, milk, oil, melted butter, and vanilla. Sift the flour and cornstarch into the mixture. Using a hand whisk, mix the ingredients together until they reach a cake batter-like consistency. Remember not to overmix the batter; mix just until everything is well combined.
5. Gently fold a third of the meringue into the batter. Once well mixed, pour this combined mixture into the remaining meringue. Continue folding gently to retain as much air in the batter as possible, allowing the cake to rise perfectly.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan. Give it a little shake to even out the batter and tap it on the counter to get rid of any trapped air bubbles.
7. Place the tin on a baking tray and add hot water to the tray to create a water bath. Bake the cake in a preheated oven at 320°F (160°C) for 60 minutes.
8. Once baked, remove the cake from the oven and let it cool down in the tin for about 10 minutes. After that, remove it from the tin and let it cool down completely.
9. For the cream frosting, add butter, sugar, and vanilla extract to a mixing bowl. Beat on medium-high speed for about 5 minutes until the mixture creams completely. The mixture should double in volume and firm up enough to hold its shape.
10. Slice the cooled cake and generously spread the cream frosting on it. Now, your delicious vanilla cake with cream frosting is ready to serve. Enjoy!
Experience the classic splendor of this Soft and Moist Vanilla Cake with Cream Frosting. Its timeless taste and delightful texture make it a wonderful dessert for any occasion. Whether it’s a simple afternoon tea or a grand celebration, this cake promises a taste that’s truly satisfying. Enjoy this sweet journey into the world of classic desserts!