Prep: 15mins | Cook: 1hr 20mins | Total: 1hr 35mins | Serving: 16 | Yield: 1- 10-inch tube pan
This recipe for Coconut Cream Pound Cake is fantastic and wild. This pound cake is moist and buttery easily topped with a sprinkle of granulated sugar, then add and fill them with whipped cream and berries if desired. This delicious, moist butter cake is heaven in the desert. I enjoy this cake up until now, the flavor of coconut in the cake is so refreshing. My mom usually bakes this when we were having visitors coming, or even when she wants to surprise us during snack time.
1 cup butter, with salt
(1) (8 oz) package Cheese, cream
3 cups Sugars, granulated
(6) Egg, whole, raw, fresh
1 tsp coconut extract
(3) cups Wheat flour, white, all-purpose, enriched, bleached
(½) tsp leavening agents, sodium aluminum sulfate, baking powder, double-acting
2 cups nuts, coconut meat, dried (desiccated), sweetened, flaked, packaged
1. Preheat oven 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until well blended. Add and beat sugar until light and fluffy. Blend in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the coconut extract. Add and combine in the flour and baking powder until just moistened, and then stir in coconut. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
3. In the preheated oven, bake until a knife inserted into the cake comes out clean for an hour and 20 minutes. Let it cool for 10 minutes, invert to a cooling rack.
1. If you decide to use bundt pan instead of tube pan, you ave to make sure it’s a taller bundt, about 5 inches tall.
2. Instead of flour, I suggest you use strong vegetable shortening and sugar. I think it’s the best way to brush the pan to avoid sticking. You won’t get white spots on the cake by using sugar instead of flour, but if you want, you can still use flour.
Per Serving: 450.7 calories; 115.7 mg cholesterol; 191.5 mg sodium; 6.2 g protein; 60.7 g carbohydrates.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!