Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 10hrs | Total: 10 hrs 15 mins | Servings: 24 | Yield: 24 servings
It is a staple at barbecues and potlucks. I often wondered if I’m being invited to my company or my Cola Beans. I have tried several different cola brands but found that Coke works best. I like to pre-cook the bacon halfway around so it doesn’t make the beans too greasy, but it doesn’t need to.
In these baked beans, your guests may not be able to recognize the “secret ingredient,” but they will love to know that there is coca-cola in there. Turn it into a main course with cornbread to eat. Place your favorite simple crockpot baked beans recipe ingredients in a slow cooker and get to work before you leave the house. Cola Beans Recipe is a hands-off solution that is good at times. It is a widely common style, and it certainly has eye appeal. However, it’s tough for guests to dip in simple baked beans with bacon for a serving because either they get no bacon or a whole slice. It is easier to cut each slice into 3 or 4 pieces first if you want to add uncooked bacon on top of it.
4 (28 oz) cans baked beans, drained
½ pound bacon
1 cup brown sugar
(1) (12 fluid oz) can cola soft drink (such as Coke®)
1. In a slow cooker, layer alternately the baked beans, bacon, and brown sugar. Add and pour in some of the colas with each layer, until all has been used.
2. Cook while still covered for 8 to 10 hours on low or on high for 4 to 6 hours.
3. Preheat oven 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
1. This recipe can also be cooked for around 1 hour, or until beans are tender, in a traditional oven at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
2. Transform this into a vegetarian or vegan meal using vegetarian boiled beans, cutting the ground beef, and stir in the last 20 minutes of baking time in 12 ounces of meat substitute crumbles.
Per Serving: 207.3 calories; 6.4 mg cholesterol; 530.2 mg sodium; 7.3 g protein; 38.3 g carbohydrates.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!