Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins | Total Time: 30 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
A big thanks to my very good friend, Luna, for sharing this recipe with me. I am so glad that I gave this a try because I never would have tasted perfection! If you want the best dish to serve today, then you have got to consider this recipe! A very simple one that I am very confident that you can make! I have listed all the ingredients and directions so all you need to do is to follow them step by step and you are good to go! Have a blessed day, friends, and I hope you are all well today. Enjoy!
1 ½ c chicken broth
¼ c all-purpose flour
1 c milk (I use skim/fat-free)
½ c diced onions (yellow or white)
1 c heavy whipping cream
pinch of crushed red pepper flakes (or more as desired)
1 c shredded carrots (I used matchsticks that I cut into half-inch pieces)
2 ½-3 c broccoli florets, chopped small
¼ c unsalted butter
1 ½ teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
2 c shredded cheddar cheese
1. Place a large pot on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
2. Add butter and allow it to melt.
3. Add the onions, broccoli, and carrots. Sauté for 5 minutes or until soft.
4. Add the cream, broth, and milk gradually. Stir every addition until well blended.
5. Add red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, and flour. Stir until well blended as well.
6. Simmer the mixture for about 10 to 15 minutes or until the texture of the sauce becomes thick.
7. Add the cheese and stir until well blended. Allow the cheese to melt completely.
8. Sprinkle your preferred herbs on top to garnish.
9. Serve hot and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!