Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 40 mins | Total Time: 55 mins | Yield: 2 to 3 Servings
This recipe is just pure love! I have never tasted such delicious treats in my life. These Cordon Bleu Stuffed Shells with Crispy Prosciutto will surely become your favorite with just one bite! You need this recipe in your life, I’m telling you!
For the Stuffed Shells:
3 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 tbsp Dijon
1 1/2 c Gruyere, shredded
1/2-pound ground chicken
1 1/4 c whole milk
9 large pasta shells
3 tbsp unsalted butter
salt and pepper to taste
For the Crispy Prosciutto:
4 slices prosciutto
Stuffed Shells Steps:
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 200 degrees C or 400 degrees F.
2. Place a large pot with water on the stove and turn the heat to high. Allow the water to boil.
3. Add the pasta shells, then cook until al dente. Make sure to stir occasionally so they won’t stick. Drain and set aside.
4. Put a skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
5. Add olive oil and allow it to become hot.
6. Add the ground chicken, then cook for a few minutes until crumbly and brown.
7. Add salt, pepper, and Dijon mustard to season. Stir until well blended. Move the mixture onto a clean plate.
8. In the empty skillet, add butter and allow it to melt.
9. Add the flour, then whisk and cook for a minute to make a roux.
10. Add milk, then scrape the bottom of the skillet to get the browned bits. Simmer until the texture becomes smooth.
11. Remove the skillet from the heat, then add salt, pepper, 1 cup of Gruyere, and the chicken. Stir until well blended.
12. Apply non-stick cooking spray to an 8×5-inch baking dish.
13. Fill each cooked shell with 1 tbsp of the chicken mixture. Repeat the process with the rest of the shells and chicken mixture.
14. Sprinkle shredded Gruyere cheese over each stuffed shell. Cover them with foil.
15. Place the baking dish inside the preheated oven and bake the stuffed shells for about 25 minutes or until done. Remove from the oven.
16. Sprinkle freshly chopped chives and crispy prosciutto on top.
17. Serve right away and enjoy!
To Make the Crispy Prosciutto:
1. Apply non-stick cooking spray to a small baking sheet.
2. Put the prosciutto onto the prepared baking sheet and spread it evenly.
3. Place the baking sheet inside the oven and bake the Prosciutto for about 3 to 5 minutes or until done.
4. Remove the prosciutto from the oven and allow them to cool completely at room temperature. Chop them into small pieces.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!