Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 3 hrs | Total Time: 3 hrs 20 mins | Yield: 8 Servings
This dish will always have a very special place in my heart! Every bite of this delicious food will surely satisfy not just your stomach but your soul as well. I’m telling you; this is a must-try! Serve it hot with fried chicken and you have yourself a meal to remember! This recipe has always been a part of my family since I was little. This was my Grandma’s recipe. I am so glad that she taught me this because now, I get to share it with the world! How awesome is that? Anyway, feel free to add more ingredients if you prefer. Try adding chilli powder for an extra kick. Just do it and thank me later! Have a beautiful day, friends. Enjoy!
½ lb smoked turkey tails
2 (14.5 oz) cans green beans, drained and rinsed
1 large onion, chopped
10 small red potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 tbsp seasoned salt
2 tsp ground black pepper
1 tbsp garlic powder
1. In a 4-quart Dutch oven add the onion and turkey tails.
2. Add enough water to submerge them.
3. Sprinkle salt, garlic powder, and pepper to taste.
4. Place the Dutch oven on the stove and turn the heat to high.
5. Allow the water to boil.
6. Cover the pot, then reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 2 hours or until the turkey is fork-tender.
7. Remove the turkey from the pot.
8. Discard the skin and bones. Put the meat back to the pot.
9. In the same pot, add the green beans. Stir until well combined.
10. Simmer again for another 20 minutes.
11. Add the potatoes and simmer for another 15 minutes or until fork-tender.
12. Serve hot and enjoy!
Calories: 231.5 | Protein: 10.7g 21% | Carbohydrates: 42g 14% | Dietary Fiber: 6.5g 26% | Sugars: 4g | Fat: 3.1g 5% | Saturated Fat: 1g 5% | Cholesterol: 16.2mg 5% | Vitamin A Iu: 466IU 9% | Niacin Equivalents: 5.3mg 40% | Vitamin B6: 0.5mg 28% | Vitamin C: 24.4mg 410% | Folate: 74.5mcg 19% | Calcium: 81.2mg 8% | Iron: 3.2mg 18% | Magnesium: 64.2mg 23% | Potassium: 1226mg 34% | Sodium: 935mg 37% | Thiamin: 0.1mg 14% | Calories From Fat: 27.6
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!