Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 2 hrs | Total Time: 2 hrs 15 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
My ultimate comfort food, ladies and gentlemen! This Country Style Steak will surely make your day extra special! Try this recipe now. Serve this steak over rice and you have yourself a meal to remember! Have a fantastic day, friends. Do me a favour, will you? Smile today!
1 pound cube steaks
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
2 can(s) (14.5 ounces) beef broth
1. In a mixing bowl, add flour, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Whisk until well mixed.
2. Coat each cube steak with the flour mixture. Shake off any excess. Set aside about 1/4 cup of the flour for later use.
3. Place a skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
4. Add oil and allow it to become hot.
5. Add the coated cube steaks and cook each side for 4 minutes or until they turn brown.
6. Remove the steaks from the skillet into a 9×13-inch baking dish.
7. Add 1/4 cup of flour into the skillet with the excess grease. Whisk and cook for about a minute. Add more flour or oil if needed.
8. Add the broth and stir until well blended. Make sure to scrape the bottom of the skillet to get the brown bits.
9. Pour the gravy on top of the steaks and spread it evenly.
10. Cover everything with aluminium foil.
11. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
12. Place the steak inside the preheated oven and bake for about 2 hours.
13. Remove from the oven and allow it to rest for a few minutes.
14. Serve and enjoy!
This steak is best served over rice or mashed potatoes. Don’t forget to spoon the delicious sauce on top!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!