Yield: 6 Servings
Everybody deserves a comforting meal. This Cozy Chicken and Dumplings dish is what you just need today! Perfect for rainy days. Try this recipe, and you will surely enjoy it!
6 c chicken broth (1 ½ L)
½ c heavy cream (120 ml)
½ tsp dried thyme
2 tbsp vegetable oil
5 tbsp unsalted butter
6 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 c sliced carrot
3 cloves garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp salt
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast (905 g), cubed
4 tbsp fresh parsley, minced
1 c diced yellow onion
1 ½ c frozen peas (225 g)
2 bay leaves
1 tbsp baking powder
1 ⅓ c heavy cream (320 ml)
2 c all-purpose flour (250 g)
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
For the Soup:
1. Place a 6-quart Dutch oven on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
2. Add vegetable oil and allow it to become hot.
3. Add the chicken, then cook each side for a few minutes until they turn brown. Transfer onto a clean plate.
4. In the same Dutch oven, add the onion and carrot. Sauté for 3 minutes or until soft.
5. Add the garlic, then sauté until aromatic.
6. Turn the heat down to medium-low, then add butter and allow it to melt.
7. Add flour, then whisk and cook for about 3 minutes.
8. Put the chicken back into the Dutch oven, then toss until well combined.
9. Add cream, bay leaves, chicken broth, and thyme. Stir until well mixed. Allow the mixture to simmer.
10. Add the frozen peas, then cover the Dutch oven and cook the peas for about 15 minutes.
For the Dumplings:
1. Add baking powder, flour, cream, salt, and pepper into a mixing bowl. Whisk until well combined.
2. Form the dough into small balls. You should have at least 14 dumplings.
3. Add the balls of dough into the Dutch oven with the soup, then add parsley and stir until well mixed.
4. Cover the Dutch oven and cook the dumplings for about 15 minutes.
5. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!