This Cracker-Barrel Meatloaf is my ultimate comfort food! I’ve been making this meatloaf for several years now. I’m proud to say that I kind of perfected it! This is something that you would serve on a special occasion. A total crowd-pleaser, this recipe is a must-try indeed! Just follow these easy steps for they will guide you to perfection! Don’t forget to share this recipe with your peers as well. Enjoy!
1 small spoon of salt
1/4 small spoon of black pepper
Sharp cheddar or Colby cheese, I used 4 oz, shredded
Crushed Ritz crackers, I used 48 crackers total
3 whole Eggs
80% Lean ground beef, I used 2 lbs.
1/2 c of milk
A small bell pepper, finely diced
A small onion, finely diced
FOR THE TOPPING
1 small spoon of mustard
2 large spoons of brown sugar
3/4 c of ketchup
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. In a mixing bowl, add mustard, ketchup, and brown sugar. Stir until well blended. Set aside.
3. In another mixing bowl, crushed Ritz crackers, shredded cheese, eggs, bell pepper, milk, black pepper, salt, and onion slices. Stir until well blended.
4. Add the ground beef, then stir until just incorporated.
5. Transfer the mixture to a baking pan and shape it into a meatloaf.
6. Place the meatloaf in the preheated oven and bake for about 30 minutes or until done.
7. Remove the meatloaf from the oven, then add the crisp topping on top.
8. Put it back inside the oven and bake for another 30 minutes or until done.
9. Remove from the oven and let the meatloaf rest for a few minutes at room temperature.
10. Serve and enjoy!
Serve this meatloaf as is or with rice, or mashed potatoes, and you have yourself a meal to remember!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!