Serves: 5 (2 tacos each) | Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 10 mins
I love corn tortillas. I love the taste that I get from them. These Cream Cheese Chicken Tacos made with cream cheese are made with corn tortillas and baked until crispy. The filling is soft and thick. The cooked chicken is combined with cream cheese, garlic, green onion, cheddar cheese, salt, and pepper, and canola oil for frying. The tortillas are then warmed up with a little oil in a skillet. So, those oiled tortillas get nice and crispy when you bake them up in the oven.
I loved serving this with some toppings, such as shredded lettuce and sliced tomatoes. But it’s still great if you plan to eat it on its own. Try this recipe for Cream Cheese Chicken Tacos, and don’t forget to share and enjoy it with your family and friends.
(1) (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
(2) clove garlic, minced
2 c of deli rotisserie chicken or leftover roast/baked chicken shredded
(1) bunch green onion, thinly sliced
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
(10) medium corn tortillas
canola oil for frying
1. Prepare the oven, preheat to 425 degrees.
2. Meanwhile, in a skillet, heat about a tbsp of oil. Once heated, fry tortillas, one at a time over medium heat until they are lightly browned. You can use more oil if needed, and then transfer the tortillas on paper towels or on a wire rack to drain.
3. In a saucepan, add and heat cream cheese over low heat, stirring until completely melted.
4. Add in shredded chicken, garlic, green onion, and cheddar cheese in the saucepan. Take from heat the saucepan, then stir until it blends.
5. Evenly arrange chicken mixture between each shell. Then, put the taco shells in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
6. Put it inside the preheated oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the shells are beginning to brown well.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!