Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 45mins | Total: 1 hr | Serving: 4 | Yield: 4 servings
This Creamy Broccoli and Cheese Casserole is one of the recipes that makes a regular appearance on our dinner table. Creamy Broccoli and Cheese Casserole is simple to produce, foolproof and tasty, and you can make it even better. If I were you, I would intend to make a double batch, make one for now and save the other for tomorrow in the fridge.
2 pounds fresh broccoli, coarsely chopped
(1) large onion, coarsely chopped
½ cup of water
¼ cup all-purpose flour
(1) (14 oz) can evaporate milk, divided
(1) pinch salt to taste
1 cup cubed sharp Cheddar cheese
2 tbsp dry bread crumbs, or to taste
1 tbsp butter, or to taste
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×12-inch baking dish.
2. Add and place broccoli and onion into a saucepan, pour in water, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until broccoli turns bright green and starts to become tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
3. Whisk flour and 1/4 cup evaporated milk until smooth in a bowl. Stir the remaining evaporated milk and salt into broccoli. Gently stir flour mixture into broccoli mixture and bring to a simmer, and then cook until it thickens for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in sharp Cheddar cheese, mixing until cheese has melted into the sauce.
4. Cook and stir bread crumbs with butter until the butter melts and crumbs begin to give a toasted fragrance for 1 to 2 minutes in a small skillet over medium heat. Remove from heat.
5. Transfer the broccoli mixture into the prepared baking dish and sprinkle crumbs atop casserole.
6. Bake until bubbling and browned about 30 minutes in the preheated oven.
If your baking dish is one of those dishes that comes with the lid, keep the contents in the baking dish, and then cover with the lid, it will last for up to 3 days.
Per Serving: 424.9 calories; 71 mg cholesterol; 432.2 mg sodium; 23.1 g protein; 37.3 g carbohydrates.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!