The sauce alone of this Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta is more than enough to let you know that you are in for a treat! Try this recipe now!
For the Pasta:
1 tbsp butter (.5 ounces, 14g)
1 lb. penne or other pasta (454g)
For the Chicken and Sauce:
¾ c Parmesan cheese (3oz, 85g)
5 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 medium onion, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 ½ lb. chicken breasts (454g)
2 tbsp olive or vegetable oil
Red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper to taste
8.5 oz. jar (241g) sundried tomatoes in oil, drained (yields about 6 ounces, 170g)
6-ounce bag of baby spinach leaves, whole or roughly chopped (170g)
¾ c chicken broth (6 ounces, 170g)
1 ½ c cream or half & half (12 ounces, 340g)
1 tsp dried Italian seasoning (or oregano)
For the Pasta:
1. Place a large pan with water on the stove and turn the heat to high. Allow the water to boil.
2. Add the pasta and a bit of salt, then cook until firm to bite. Drain the water, then add butter on top. Toss until melted.
To Prepare the Chicken and Sauce:
1. Use a meat mallet to gently pound each chicken breast. Slice each into two horizontally.
2. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the chicken, then toss until well coated.
3. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to high.
4. Add 1 tbsp of oil and allow it to become hot.
5. Add the chicken breasts, then cook each side for a few minutes until golden brown. Transfer onto a clean plate.
6. Slice the chicken breasts into small cuts.
7. In the same skillet, add the rest of the oil and allow it to become hot.
8. Add the onions, then sauté until translucent.
9. Add the red bell pepper, then sauté until soft.
10. Add sundried tomatoes, garlic, and Italian seasoning. Sauté until aromatic.
11. Pour in the broth, then scrape the bottom of the skillet to get the browned bits. Stir until well blended.
12. Add cream and stir until just mixed, then simmer for about 2 minutes.
13. Add the Parmesan cheese and stir until melted completely.
14. Remove the skillet from the heat, then add the baby spinach. Sprinkle salt and pepper to season.
15. Add the chicken and pasta, then toss everything until well coated by the delicious sauce.
16. Sprinkle your preferred herbs on top to garnish.
17. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!