Prep time: 5 mins | Cook time: 10 mins | Total time: 15 mins | Yield: 6 Pieces
We love these Crispy Chicken Fritters! Tasty and crunchy, ready in no time, and requires simple ingredients. These kid-friendly homemade chicken nuggets are surely a game-changer!
2 12.5-ounce cans white premium chunk chicken breast
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp dried thyme
1/4 c. plain dried bread crumbs
Additional bread crumbs
How to make Crispy Chicken Fritters
Step 1: Place the chicken in a colander and drain well for about 20 to 30 minutes, pressing down with a heavy bowl.
Step 2: Slice chicken to about 1/4-inch pieces.
Step 3: In a mixing bowl, add the chicken, egg, Dijon mustard, salt, spices, and 1/4 cup bread crumbs. Using a fork, stir well to combine.
Step 4: Into a shallow bowl or pie plate, pour the extra bread crumbs and set them aside.
Step 5: Into six fritters, portion the chicken mixture. Into a tight little hockey puck, shape each fritter. Coat them with the extra breadcrumbs.
Step 6: In a large skillet, heat about 1/4 inch of oil over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the fritters to the skillet and pan-fry until both sides are golden brown and crispy.
Step 7: If desired, garnish with parsley. Serve and enjoy!
1. I suggest starting by adding about 1/4 tsp of salt and go from there.
2. For homemade chicken nuggets, make the fritters smaller. And for Crispy chicken sandwiches, shape them wider.
3. For this recipe, I prefer the finer breadcrumbs.
4. Substitute the Dijon with regular mustard if desired. We only add mustard to this recipe for a touch of acid, make the seasoning stand out, and balance the richness when frying.
5. If you want to make this in an air fryer, you are welcome to do so. Using cooking spray, grease both sides of the fritters and bake at 400 degrees until golden brown.
6. And no, this recipe is not meant for crockpots.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!