Yield: 6 Servings
I am so excited to share with you this recipe I just discovered! This Crispy Country Fried Steak Roll is my new definition of perfection! Everything about this dish is simply the best! Try it now and prepare to be amazed. Enjoy!
oil, to fry
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
4 slices of Monterey jack cheese
2 c flour (250 g)
1 tbsp garlic powder
2 pounds beef sirloin flap (905 g)
1 tbsp paprika
5 Eggs, beaten
2 cloves garlic, minced
pepper, to taste
salt, to taste
3 c panko bread crumbs (150 g)
5 c spinach (200 g)
CREAMY PEPPERCORN GRAVY:
½ tsp nutmeg
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
¼ c all-purpose flour (30 g)
salt, to taste
2 c milk (480 ml)
¼ c butter (60 g)
2 tbsp garlic, minced
1. Place a large pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
2. Add olive oil and allow it to become hot.
3. Add the onion and garlic, then sauté until soft and aromatic. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Add the spinach, then cook until wilted. Remove the pan from the heat and set it aside.
5. Sprinkle a generous amount of salt, paprika, garlic powder, and pepper over the steak. Rub until well coated.
6. Place parchment paper under the steak. Gently pound the steak with a meat mallet to flatten it out.
7. Remove the paper, then add the slices of Monterey Jack cheese over the steak.
8. Top the cheese with the spinach mixture.
9. Roll the steak and use plastic wrap to secure it.
10. Place it in the fridge to chill for at least 1 hour.
11. In three mixing bowls, add flour, eggs, and panko crumbs.
12. Coat the steak with flour, egg, and panko breadcrumbs.
13. Coat with egg and crumbs again. Shake off any excess crumbs.
14. Prepare the oven and preheat to 160 degrees C or 325 degrees F.
15. Place a pot on the stove and turn the heat to 180 degrees C.
16. Add about 2 cm of oil and allow it to become hot.
17. Add the steak roll into the hot oil and cook for about 3 minutes or until golden brown.
18. Transfer the steak onto a baking sheet.
19. Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake the steak roll for about 30 minutes.
20. Place a pot on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
21. Add butter and allow it to melt. Add the garlic and sauté until aromatic.
22. Add flour, then whisk and cook for a minute to remove the raw taste.
23. Add the milk, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Stir until well blended.
24. Simmer for a few minutes, then remove the pot from the stove.
25. Remove the steak roll from the oven and allow it to cool at room temperature.
26. Slice the steak roll into even servings.
27. Serve with the delicious gravy sauce and mashed potatoes. Enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!