Prep Time: 1 hr 15 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Total Time: 1 hr 45 mins | Yield: 4 to 6 Servings
This is a dish that you can never go wrong with. I have listed all the simple directions so all you have to do is to follow them step by step and you are good to go! Feel free to modify the ingredients a bit if you prefer. Have a great day, friends. Enjoy!
1 fryer chicken, cut up or your favourite pieces (I use about 4 to 6 bone-in chicken thighs)
2 tablespoons salt
2 cups water
1 1/2 to 2 cups milk
1 large Egg
1 to 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
2 teaspoons onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoons chicken soup base
2 teaspoons Paul Prudhomme’s poultry magic or other poultry seasonings (optional)
canola oil for frying
1. Add 2 cups of water and 2 tbsp of slat inside a large plastic container. Stir until the salt is dissolved.
2. Add the chicken into the container. Make sure to submerge them in the water.
3. Cover the container, then place it inside the fridge. Allow it to rest for at least an hour.
4. In a mixing bowl, add milk and egg. Beat until well blended.
5. In a separate bowl, add flour, soup base, and seasonings. Whisk until well mixed.
6. Coat each chicken piece into the flour mixture, then into the egg mixture. Coat each with flour again. Repeat the process with the rest of the chicken.
7. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
8. Add enough oil about 1-inch deep and allow it to become hot.
9. Add the chicken pieces in batches. Cook for about 8 minutes on each side.
10. Remove from the skillet onto a clean plate lined with paper towels to drain any excess oil. Repeat the process to the rest of the chicken.
11. Serve hot and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!