Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 6 hrs 15 mins | Total Time: 6 hrs 30 mins | Yield: 5 Servings
I will never get tired of recommending this recipe. I just think that everyone should taste how perfect this Pepper Steak is! Oh, man, you are so in for a treat! With this very minimal set of ingredients, you will surely have the best meal today! Have a blessed day, friends. Enjoy!
2 lbs sirloin cut into 2-inch, by ½-inch strips
2 tsp garlic powder
½ tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp canola oil grapeseed oil, or a different neutral oil
1 large yellow onion
¼ c plus 2 tablespoons water, divided
2 green bell peppers cored and cut into ½-inch strips
2 red, yellow, or orange bell peppers cored and cut into ½-inch strips
1 15-oz can fire-roasted diced tomatoes in their juices
¼ c low sodium soy sauce plus additional to taste
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
¼ tsp red pepper flakes plus additional to taste
5 tbsp cornstarch divided
Prepared brown rice quinoa or cauliflower rice, for serving
1. Add the beef into a mixing bowl, then season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Toss until the beef is well coated.
2. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
3. Add oil and allow it to become hot.
4. Add the beef and sear each side for 5 minutes or until brown.
5. Remove the beef from the skillet into a 6-quart slow cooker.
6. In the same skillet, add the onions and saute until translucent.
7. Add 1/4 cup of water and scrape the bottom to get the brown bits.
8. Transfer the onions into the slow cooker.
9. Add the tomatoes and bell peppers into the slow cooker as well.
10. In a mixing bowl, add Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, ginger, honey, 3 tbsp of cornstarch, and red pepper flakes. Stir until well blended.
11. Pour the mixture into the slow cooker over the beef.
12. Cover the slow cooker and cook everything for about 6 hours on a low setting or 3 hours on a high setting.
13. Dissolve cornstarch in water, then pour it into the slow cooker. Stir until well blended and thick.
14. Cook for another 10 minutes on a high setting.
15. Add more seasonings, then stir until well mixed.
16. Serve over rice and enjoy!
Garnish with freshly chopped green onions.
Place any leftovers in an airtight container, then place them inside the fridge. They can last up to 3 days or 3 months inside the freezer.
SERVING: 1(of 5); about 1.5 slightly heaped cups, CALORIES: 396kcal | CARBOHYDRATES: 29g | PROTEIN: 42g | FAT: 11g | SATURATED FAT: 3g | CHOLESTEROL: 111mg | POTASSIUM: 928mg | FIBER: 3g | SUGAR: 14g | VITAMIN A: 2036IU | VITAMIN C: 103mg | CALCIUM: 99mg | IRON: 5mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!