Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 4 hrs 20 mins | Total Time: 4 hrs 25 mins | Yield: 12 Servings
The sauce alone of this Chuck Roast is more than enough for me! Oh, man, you have got to give this one a try! I have listed all the ingredients and directions so all you have to do is to follow them step by step and you are good to go! Have a wonderful day, friends. Enjoy!
3-lbs boneless chuck roast
1 tbsp kosher salt
1 tsp black ground pepper
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/4 c balsamic vinegar
2 c beef stock
2 dried bay leaves
1 tbsp dried rosemary
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp xanthan gum (optional)
Handful fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley, chopped (optional garnish)
1. Rinse with cold water the roast, then use paper towels to pat it dry.
2. Discard any excess fat, then season all sides with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Place a Dutch oven on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
4. Add olive oil and allow it to become hot.
5. Add the roast and sear each side for 5 minutes or until brown.
6. Add the bay leaves into a 6-quart slow cooker.
7. Place the seared roast into the slow cooker.
8. In the pot where you seared the roast, add balsamic vinegar, rosemary, beef stock, onion powder, and garlic powder. Stir until just mixed.
9. Allow the mixture to boil. Make sure to scrape the bottom to get the brown bits.
10. Transfer the mixture over the roast into the slow cooker.
11. Cover the slow cooker and cook for about 4 hours on a high setting or 8 hours on a low setting.
12. Discard the bay leaves.
13. Shred the roast with two forks.
14. Serve with the sauce. Enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!