Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 4 hrs | Total Time: 4 hrs 15 mins | Yield: 6 Servings
I will never get tired of recommending this recipe to friends because everyone should taste how delicious this dish is! Oh, man, you are so in for a treat! Feel free to tweak the recipe to your liking. Enjoy!
2 pounds (1.100kg) centre-cut boneless pork loin (or two 1 lb. pork tenderloins)
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp crushed red chilli pepper flakes
1 tsp dried thyme
4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
2 shallots, chopped
1/4 c olive or vegetable oil
1/4 c white wine (plus a bit more to deglaze the pan)
1/2 c chicken broth or stock
1/2 c heavy cream
1 tbsp cornstarch (optional)
3 fresh sage leaves (1 for cooking, 2 for garnish)
1. Season with salt, pepper, and paprika all over the pork loin.
2. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
3. Add oil and sage leaf, then allow the oil to become hot.
4. Add the seasoned pork loin and sear each side for 5 minutes.
5. Remove the pork loin from the skillet into a slow cooker.
6. Add the chicken stock, wine, garlic, crushed chilli pepper flakes, thyme, shallots, salt, and pepper. Stir until well combined.
7. Cover the slow cooker and cook for about 4 hours on a low setting.
8. Remove the pork loin from the slow cooker onto a clean plate. Cover to keep it warm.
9. In a mixing bowl, add cornstarch and heavy cream. Stir until well blended.
10. Pour the mixture into the slow cooker and stir until well mixed.
11. Cover the slow cooker and cook for another 15 minutes or until the texture of the sauce becomes thick.
12. Slice the pork loin into small cuts.
13. Put the pork slices back to the slow cooker and stir until well mixed.
14. Simmer for a few minutes until hot.
15. Garnish each serving with sage leaves.
16. Serve over rice, pasta, or mixed veggies. Enjoy!
Make sure to add more seasonings if needed.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!