Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 45 mins | Total Time: 1 hr | Yield: 6 Servings
This was by far the best curry I have ever tasted! I highly recommend this! Oh, man, you are so in for a treat! The rich curry sauce is more than enough for me! Wait until you get a bite of the juicy chicken. Have a great day, friends, and I hope you all love and appreciate this very simple recipe. Enjoy!
for the chicken thighs:
2 lbs (907 g) chicken thighs (about 6 thighs), bone-in and skin-on
kosher salt or sea salt, to taste
fresh ground black pepper, to taste
1 tbsp (15 ml) butter or olive oil
3 cloves (3 cloves) garlic, minced
1 bay leaf
1 tbsp (15 ml) curry powder
1 tsp (5 ml) ground cumin
1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) cayenne pepper, or to taste
1 tbsp (15 ml) fish sauce (or soy sauce), or to taste
zest of 2 limes
1 c (226 g) coconut milk
1 c (240 ml) chicken broth
1/2 c (120 ml) minced cilantro
Cooked Rice or Crusty Bread
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 200 degrees C or 400 degrees F.
2. Use paper towels to pat dry the chicken thighs.
3. Season with salt and pepper on all sides of the chicken.
4. Place an oven-proof skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
5. Add butter and allow it to melt.
6. Add the chicken thighs and sear all sides for 3 minutes or until they turn brown.
7. Remove the chicken thighs from the heat onto a clean plate.
8. Add garlic in the skillet and sauté until aromatic.
9. Add curry powder, bay leaf, cayenne pepper, fish sauce, cumin, and lime zest. Stir until well blended.
10. Add chicken broth and coconut milk. Stir until well blended.
11. Allow the mixture to simmer for a few more minutes.
12. Put the chicken thighs back to the skillet and toss until well coated with the sauce.
13. Remove the skillet from the heat and transfer it inside the preheated oven.
14. Bake the chicken thigs for 30 minutes or until done.
15. Remove from the oven and sprinkle cilantro on top.
16. Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 432kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 153mg | Sodium: 518mg | Potassium: 460mg | Vitamin A: 255IU | Vitamin C: 3.5mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 2.8mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!