Dive into a world of rich, chocolaty goodness with these incredibly moist and flavorful chocolate muffins. If there’s one thing that can make your mornings brighter, it’s the intoxicating aroma of these muffins baking in your oven. Perfect for both casual breakfasts and special occasions, this recipe is an absolute must-try for every chocolate lover. Let’s embark on this delightful culinary journey together!
- 2 large eggs (approximately 100 grams or 3.5Oz), room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (about 113 grams or 3.9Oz), melted and cooled
- 1 cup buttermilk (240 ml), room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract (8 grams)
- 1 teaspoon pure coffee extract (4 grams) optional but recommended for a deeper chocolate flavor
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (approximately 225 grams or 7.9Oz)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (about 60 grams or 2.1Oz), sifted
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar (roughly 250 grams or 8.8Oz), firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (4 grams)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (4 grams)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (2 grams)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (around 170 grams or 5.9Oz)
- Oven Prep: Start by preheating your oven to 375°F (190°C) and positioning the oven rack in the center. Prepare a muffin tray by either greasing it or lining it with 12 paper liners.
- Wet Ingredients: In a medium-sized bowl, whisk the eggs until smooth. Incorporate the melted butter, buttermilk, vanilla extract, and coffee extract (if you’re using it) into the eggs.
- Dry Ingredients: In a separate, larger bowl, combine the flour, sifted cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips for that extra chocolaty punch.
- Combining Mixtures: Create a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Pour in the wet mixture and gently fold until just combined. Remember, over-mixing can lead to tough muffins, so a light touch is key!
- Filling the Tray: Distribute the batter evenly across the muffin cups. You can use a spoon or an ice cream scoop for precision.
- Baking: Bake in your preheated oven for approximately 20 minutes. Keep an eye on them from the 18-minute mark to ensure they don’t overbake. Once done, a toothpick inserted into a muffin should come out with just a few moist crumbs.
- Cooling: Once out of the oven, allow the muffins to cool in the tray for about 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack.
Enjoy these muffins with a cup of your favorite coffee or a glass of cold milk. They’re delightful as they are, but for an added touch, you can top them with a dollop of whipped cream or a drizzle of chocolate sauce.
- The optional coffee extract enhances the chocolate flavor, giving the muffins a deeper, richer taste.
- Always use good-quality cocoa and chocolate chips for the best flavor.
- These muffins are the perfect treat to share with friends and family. Whether for breakfast or a midday snack, they’re sure to satisfy your chocolate cravings.
Indulge in these heavenly chocolate muffins and let every bite take you on a chocolaty journey. If you enjoyed this recipe, don’t forget to share it with your friends. Happy baking!