Dive deep into the realms of gourmet baking with our Decadent Miniature Butter Delights. These aren’t just regular mini cakes; they’re a luxurious fusion of velvety texture, rich buttery aroma, and a sublime, melt-in-your-mouth experience. Every bite promises a delightful symphony of flavors, making it an exquisite treat for all occasions. Whether it’s a high-tea gathering, a cozy evening snack, or a dessert after a grand dinner, these mini delights will surely leave an impression. So, without further ado, let’s embark on this enchanting baking journey.
Ingredients: Crafting the Magic
– **Unsalted Butter (softened):** 150g
– **Icing Sugar:** 120g
– **Salt:** 1.5g
– **Eggs:** 120g (equivalent to 3 small eggs, each weighing 50g)
– **Cake Flour:** 150g
– **Baking Powder:** 4g
– **Cream:** 45g
– **Vanilla Extract:** 4g (Optional but highly recommended)
– **Softened Butter:** 8g (for brushing on top)
– **Lemon Zest:** A pinch for that refreshing citrusy touch
Baking Guide: A Step-by-Step Decadence
1 .**Temperature Consistency:** This recipe thrives on maintaining consistent temperatures. It’s paramount that all ingredients are kept at room temperature. Especially the eggs, which should be soaked in warm water (70-80°C) for around 20 minutes to achieve this consistency.
2. **Buttery Beginnings:** In a sizable mixing bowl, introduce 150 grams of room-temperature unsalted butter. Mix it gently with a spatula just to cream it. This ensures that your cakes have that melt-in-the-mouth texture.
3. **Sugar Rush:** Pour 120 grams of icing sugar into the butter. The key is to mix until the sugar is completely integrated with the butter. Switch to a hand whisk and whisk this concoction at medium speed until it transforms into a light, fluffy, and creamy mixture.
4. **Egg Magic:** Preheat your oven to a cozy 165°C (330°F). Crack open your warm eggs into a separate bowl and give them a good beating. Now, gently incorporate these beaten eggs into your butter-sugar mix. Do this in small increments, ensuring you beat the mixture well after every addition. This step is crucial to give your cakes that spongy texture.
5. **Flour Power:** Combine 150 grams of cake flour with 4 grams of baking powder. Sift this mixture into the creamy butter mix in two batches. Gently fold the flour into the mixture until well combined after each addition.
6. **Final Flourish:** Add in a teaspoon of vanilla extract (for that extra aroma) and 45 ml of cream. Mix them in until your batter is smooth, creamy, and ready for baking.
7. **Molding Perfection:** Grease your mini cake molds with the additional softened butter. Distribute the batter evenly among these molds.
8. **Baking Bliss:** Place your molds in the oven and bake them at 165°C for 50-55 minutes. You’re looking for a beautiful golden brown hue on your cakes.
9. **Cool & Serve:** Once out of the oven, release the cakes from their molds and allow them to cool. For the best experience, wrap them in plastic wrap once cooled and let them rest at room temperature overnight. This ensures that they remain super moist and flavorful. Serve them the next day, preferably with a warm cup of tea or coffee.
**Tip:** These cakes pair wonderfully with a dollop of whipped cream or a drizzle of caramel sauce. Their buttery richness complements such additions, making them even more indulgent.