Indulge in a velvety, creamy delight that combines the rich flavors of chocolate with the smoothness of milk. This dessert is not just about taste; it’s about an experience. The simplicity of the ingredients belies the luxurious texture and flavor that awaits with every bite. Whether you’re a seasoned dessert connoisseur or a budding chocolatier, this recipe is a testament to the timeless love affair between chocolate and milk. Perfect for any occasion or simply when you need a sweet escape.
- 500 ml unsweetened milk
- 100 grams of sugar
- 7 grams of agar-agar powder
- 150 grams of dark chocolate (chips or chunks)
- Start by pouring 500 ml of unsweetened milk into a saucepan. Add in the sugar and agar-agar powder, ensuring they blend well. A good whisk should suffice.
- Allow this mixture to sit and chill for about 15 minutes. This gives the agar-agar time to activate.
- While waiting, take 150 grams of your dark chocolate and cut it into small chunks. If you’re using chocolate chips, you’re already a step ahead!
- Introduce the chocolate chunks or chips into the milk mixture. Gently whisk to incorporate.
- Position the saucepan over a low flame. Consistent whisking is key here. This ensures even heat distribution and prevents the milk from scalding.
- Keep an eye out for bubbles. Once the mixture starts bubbling, let it boil for an additional 5 minutes before turning off the heat.
- Carefully pour the rich concoction into a cake mold or any preferred mold. Allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled, transfer the mold to the refrigerator. A chilling period of 2 to 3 hours ensures the dessert sets perfectly.
- After chilling, gently invert the mold onto a platter or chopping board. Slice it up, serve, and let the flavors whisk you away!
Notes/Conclusion: This dessert pairs beautifully with a dollop of whipped cream or a sprinkle of cocoa powder. For those with a penchant for fruits, a few fresh berries on top could elevate the experience. Remember, while the recipe is simple, the outcome is rich and rewarding. Share this delightful treat with friends and family, reminding them of the joys of a well-made dessert. And if you’re as captivated by this chocolatey-milky wonder as we are, don’t forget to try variations with white or milk chocolate. Enjoy every bite and cherish the moments!