Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 35 mins | Total Time: 45 mins | Yield: 6 Servings
This recipe will always have a special place in my heart! This was my Grandma’s recipe. I am so excited to share this with you because I know that everyone needs to experience how awesome this is! Have a beautiful day, friends, and I hope you are all well today. Enjoy!
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small onion, minced
1 yellow bell pepper chopped
1/2 c milk
1/2 c sour cream
2 4 ounces cans diced green chiles, drained well
10 ounces diced, pre-cooked chicken
Pinch cayenne pepper
1 tbsp cumin
Plenty of salt and pepper
2 c shredded cheese (I used a combo of white cheddar and pepper jack, but Monterey Jack is really good too.)
4 c cooked rice
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. Apply cooking spray in a large casserole dish.
3. Place a large pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
4. Add the bell peppers and onions, then saute for a few minutes. Remove from the heat.
5. Put the rice, 1 1/2 cup of cheese, chicken, sour cream, cumin, green chilis, onion mixture, salt, and pepper into the prepared casserole dish. Stir until well mixed.
6. In a mixing bowl, add egg and milk. Whisk until well combined.
7. Pour the mixture into the rice mixture and stir until well mixed.
8. Sprinkle the rest of the shredded cheese on top of the casserole.
9. Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for about 35 minutes or until done.
10. Remove from the oven and add a dollop of sour cream on top.
11. Serve and enjoy!
Feel free to add more chicken if you prefer.
Add more seasonings if needed.
I advise you to add more cheese on top. Thank me later!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!