Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Total Time: 30 mins | Yield: 5 Servings
Every bite of this delicious soup will take you on a wonderful journey! I kid you not! You just have to try and taste it yourself. I have listed all the ingredients and directions so all you have to do is to follow them step by step and you are good to go! Have a beautiful day, friends, and I hope you are all well today. By the way, don’t forget to share this with your loved ones as well.
3 1/2 c (about 2 large) russet potatoes, peeled and diced medium
1 1/2 c (9ounces) cooked honey ham, diced medium*
1/2 c celery diced small
1/2 c onion diced small
4 c (2 15ounces cans) chicken broth
5 tbsp butter
1/4 c and 1 tbsp (44g) all-purpose flour
2 c milk, (any percentage)
1/4 tsp black pepper
1. Place a large pot on the stove, then add the ham, potatoes, celery, chicken broth, and onions.
2. Turn the heat to medium and allow the mixture to boil.
3. Cook for about 15 minutes or until the veggies are soft.
To Make the Roux:
1. Place a medium saucepan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
2. Add the butter and allow it to melt.
3. Add flour and whisk until well combined. Cook for a minute or until it turns golden brown.
4. Gradually add the milk and whisk until well combined and the texture becomes thick. This usually takes about 5 minutes.
1. Transfer the milk mixture into the pot with the soup and stir until well combined.
2. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Serve hot and enjoy!
1. Feel free to use regular cooked ham for this recipe instead of honey ham.
2. Place any leftovers in an airtight container, then put them inside the freezer. They can last up to 4 months.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!