Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 25 mins | Total Time: 30 mins | Yield: 6 Servings
This recipe has always been a part of my family since I was a little kid. I remember my Grandma used to cook this all the time! I am so grateful to her for a lot of things and this is just one of them! I have listed all the things you will be needing so all you have to do is to follow them step by step and you are good to go! Have a wonderful day, friends, and I hope you are all well today. Make sure to share this with your loved ones as well. I am sure that they are going to love it as much as we do. Enjoy!
1 lb sliced bacon (chopped into 1-inch pieces)
1 onion (finely sliced)
1 medium head cabbage (cored and chopped)
1 tsp Kosher salt (or to taste)
1/4 tsp ground black pepper (or to taste)
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp smoked paprika
5 cloves garlic (minced)
Chopped green onion
1. Put a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
2. Add the bacon slices and cook until they turn brown and crispy.
3. Remove the crispy bacon slices from the skillet onto a clean plate lined with paper towels to drain any excess grease.
4. Leave 3 tbsp of bacon grease from the skillet, then discard the rest.
5. Add the chopped onion and saute until translucent.
6. Add the chopped cabbage, oregano, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Saute for about 15 minutes.
7. Add more seasonings if needed.
8. Add put the crispy bacon back to the skillet and toss everything until well combined.
9. Remove from the heat and sprinkle green onions on top.
10. Serve hot and enjoy!
Calories: 369kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 49mg | Sodium: 916mg | Potassium: 433mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 175IU | Vitamin C: 56.8mg | Calcium: 74mg | Iron: 1.3mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!