Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 2 hrs 30 mins | Total Time: 2 hrs 45 Min | Yield: 6 Servings
One pot of delicious flavors! This Easy Homemade Beef Stew is simply the best! Serve it with rice, and you have yourself a meal to remember!
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
2 tablespoons Gluten-free All-Purpose Flour or Whole Wheat for non-gluten
½ Yellow Onion, Chopped Large
2 Yukon Gold Potatoes, diced into 2-inch pieces
4 Garlic Cloves, minced
2 pounds of Beef Chuck Roast cut into 2-inch chunks; excess fat removed
1 Tsp Kosher Salt
2 c Beef Broth
½ teaspoon Coarsely Ground Black Pepper
1 Large Carrot or two small-medium, cut into 2-inch chunks
1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
¼ c Tomato Paste
2 teaspoons Fresh Thyme Leaves to garnish
1 Bay Leaves
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 160 degrees C or 325 degrees F.
2. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the beef chunks, then toss until well coated.
3. Sprinkle flour over the chunks, then toss again until well coated.
4. Put a Dutch oven on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
5. Add olive oil and allow it to become hot.
6. Add the beef chunks, then sear each side for about 4 minutes or until they turn brown. Transfer the chunks onto a clean plate.
7. In the empty Dutch oven, add carrots, garlic, and onions. Saute until aromatic and soft.
8. Add bay leaf, beef broth, tomato paste, potatoes, Worcestershire sauce, and thyme. Make sure to scrape the bottom of the Dutch oven to get the browned bits.
9. Simmer everything for a few minutes, then put the beef chunks back into the pot.
10. Cover and remove it from the stove.
11. Place the Dutch oven in the preheated oven and cook everything for about 2 hours or until the beef chunks are fork-tender. Add more seasonings if needed. Make sure to taste first before adding anything.
12. Serve right away and enjoy!
Calories: 383 kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 104mg | Sodium: 936mg | Potassium: 972mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 2223IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 6mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!