Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Total Time: 40 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
If you are looking for a new and easy recipe for today, then you have got to give this one a try! I promise you that it will be worth it! I have listed all the ingredients and directions so you just have to follow them for they will guide you to perfection! Feel free to tweak this recipe if you prefer. By the way, make sure to serve this soup with grated Parmesan cheese. Just do it and thank me later. Have a wonderful day, friends. Enjoy!
1-lb spicy Italian ground sausage – use mild for kid-friendly
4 tbsp butter
½ white onion – diced
1 tbsp minced garlic
6 c chicken broth
2 c water
⅘ yellow potatoes – cut into 1-inch pieces
3 tsp salt – or to taste
1 tsp black pepper
2 c heavy cream
4 c chopped kale
chopped bacon or bacon bits and grated parmesan cheese for topping – optional
1. Place a large pot on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
2. Add the sausage and cook for about 5 minutes or until brown.
3. Remove the sausage from the pot onto a clean plate.
4. Add butter into the same pot and allow it to melt.
5. Add the onions and sauté until soft.
6. Add garlic and sauté until aromatic.
7. Add water, potatoes, chicken broth, salt, and pepper. Stir until well mixed, then allow the mixture to boil.
8. Cook the potatoes until fork-tender.
9. Add heavy cream and kale. Stir until well mixed.
10. Put the sausage back to the pot and stir again until well combined.
11. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
12. Garnish each serving with grated Parmesan cheese.
13. Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 833kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 76g | Saturated Fat: 38g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 246mg | Sodium: 3849mg | Potassium: 1084mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 8563IU | Vitamin C: 110mg | Calcium: 241mg | Iron: 3mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!