Prep Time: 25 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins | Total Time: 45 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
I have tried a lot of chicken recipes but this surely is my favorite! This is a must-try, I’m telling you! You need to bite your teeth into this delicious and juicy French Onion Stuffed Chicken! Have a blessed day, friends. Enjoy!
3 tbsp butter
5-6 large onions, thinly sliced
1 tsp fresh thyme
a pinch each of salt and pepper
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, butterflied
1 c shredded mozzarella or gruyere cheese (or a mix of both!)
1/4 c freshly grated parmesan cheese
2 tbsp olive oil
1/3 c chicken or beef stock
a few sprigs of fresh thyme
1. Place a large cast-iron skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
2. Add butter and allow it to melt.
3. Add the onions and sauté until they caramelize.
4. Add the fresh thyme, salt, and pepper. Stir until well mixed.
5. Remove the caramelized onions from the skillet onto a clean plate or bowl.
6. In a mixing bowl, add the mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, and gruyere cheese. Stir until well combined.
7. Stuff each chicken breast with the caramelized onions and cheese mixture. Use toothpicks to seal each chicken breast.
8. In the same skillet over medium-high, add the olive oil and allow it to become hot.
9. Add the chicken breasts and sear each side for a few minutes or until brown.
10. Remove the chicken breasts from the skillet onto a clean plate.
11. In the same skillet, add the rest of the caramelized onions and the chicken stock. Stir until well mixed.
12. Place the chicken breasts over the onions.
13. Add sprigs of fresh thyme over the chicken.
14. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
15. Place the skillet inside the preheated oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until done.
16. Remove the chicken breasts from the oven and allow them to cool at room temperature for a few minutes.
17. Remove the toothpicks and serve. Enjoy!
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 588kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 59g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 195mg | Sodium: 645mg | Potassium: 1152mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 597IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 268mg | Iron: 1mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!