Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 55 mins | Rest Time: 10 mins | Total Time: 1 hr 20 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
You will never get disappointed with this recipe for sure! In just about 1 hour, you will have the best eggplant dish ever! My only advice to you is to be very generous with the amount of cheese that you are going to add. Just do it and thank me later! Have a great day, friends, and I hope you are all well today. Enjoy!
Avocado oil spray for pan
1 large eggplant (1 ¼ lb.), unpeeled
¼ tsp Diamond Crystal kosher salt
¼ tsp black pepper
¼ tsp garlic powder
½ c marinara sauce
1 c shredded part-skim Mozzarella, divided (4 oz)
1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 250 degrees C or 500 degrees F.
2. Line with parchment paper a rimmed baking sheet.
3. Apply cooking spray on the parchment paper.
4. Slice the eggplant into 1/4-inch cuts.
5. Place the eggplant slices into the prepared baking sheet and arrange them on the bottom.
6. Apply avocado oil over the eggplant slices.
7. Sprinkle garlic powder, kosher salt, and pepper on top.
8. Place them inside the preheated oven and roast for about 15 minutes.
9. Flip the eggplant slices and apply avocado oil over the other sides.
10. Roast for another 15 minutes or until they turn brown.
11. Remove from the oven and transfer 1/2 of the roasted eggplants to the bottom of a greased casserole dish.
12. Add 1/2 of marinara sauce on top and spread it evenly.
13. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the marinara.
14. Repeat the process until everything is arranged in layers ending with Parmesan cheese.
15. Place the casserole dish inside the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until done.
16. Remove from the oven and allow the dish to cool at room temperature for at least 10 minutes.
17. Serve and enjoy!
Serving: 0.25recipe | Calories: 166kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 314mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!