Yield: 4 Servings
I am so excited to share this recipe with you today! This recipe has always been a part of my family since I was little. My grandma had a lot of great recipes during her time. This is just one of them! Now, allow me to share this recipe with you! With these very basic ingredients, you can surely enjoy this Eggplant Tomato Pie! Just follow these easy steps for they will guide you to perfection! You can serve this pie pretty much any time of the day. Enjoy!
1 tbsp butter, melted
1 onion, diced
2 tomatoes, sliced
2 cloves garlic
Cheddar cheese, shredded
1 tbsp pesto
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. Peel the eggplant, then slice it into cubes.
3. Place a pot with water on the stove and turn the heat to high. Allow the water to boil.
4. Add the eggplant cubes, then cook for a few minutes until soft.
5. Drain the water, then transfer the eggplant slices into a mixing bowl. Mash them.
6. Add egg, onion slices, garlic, breadcrumbs, pesto, and melted butter into the bowl with the mashed eggplants. Stir until well blended.
7. Apply cooking spray to a pie pan.
8. Slice a tomato, then scatter them onto the prepared pie pan.
9. Add the eggplant mixture on top of the tomatoes.
10. Slice the other tomato, then scatter them over the eggplant mixture layer.
11. Sprinkle freshly chopped parsley and cheddar cheese on top.
12. Place the pie pan inside the preheated oven and bake for about 30 minutes or until the top turns golden brown.
13. Remove from the oven and allow the Eggplant, Tomato Pie to rest for a few minutes at room temperature.
14. Serve and enjoy!
Servings: 4 Amount per serving Calories 111 | %Daily Value* Total Fat 6g 8% | Saturated Fat 2.5g 12% | Cholesterol 49mg 16% | Sodium 66mg 3% | Total Carbohydrate 12.5g 5% | Dietary Fiber 5.5g 20% | Total Sugars 6.6g | Protein 3.9g | Vitamin D 6mcg 29% | Calcium 45mg 3% | Iron 1mg 4% | Potassium 470mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!