Prep: 40 mins | Cook: 20mins | Total: 1 hr | Serving: 8 | Yield: 8 servings
Do you love tacos? Have you heard about fish tacos? It is our go-to family get-togethers and gathering recipe because it quickly comes together, and it always gets rave reviews. These fish tacos are so tasteful and satisfying, but at the end of the meal, you’ll feel good and light. This recipe is designed for parties and can be scaled down to serve a smaller crowd.
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 cup beer
½ cup plain yogurt
½ cup mayonnaise
(1) lime, juiced
(1) jalapeno pepper, minced
1 tsp minced capers
½ tsp dried oregano
½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp dried dill weed
1 tsp ground cayenne pepper
(1-quart) oil for frying
1 lb cod fillets, just cut into 2 to 3-ounce portions
1 (12 oz) package corn tortillas
(½) medium head cabbage, finely shredded
To make the batter:
1. Add and combine flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt, and then blend egg and beer, then quickly stir into the flour mixture in a large bowl. (Don’t mind the few lumps)
To make the white sauce:
1. In a medium bowl, add and mix yogurt and mayonnaise. Stir in fresh lime juice gradually until consistency is slightly runny, and then season with jalapeno, capers, oregano, cumin, dill, and cayenne.
For the Fish Tacos:
1. In a deep-fryer, add and heat oil to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Dust the pieces of the fish lightly with flour, and then dip into beer batter, and fry until crisp and golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Then, lightly fry tortillas but not too crisp. To serve, put fried fish in a tortilla, add the shredded cabbage, and white sauce on top.
1. Fish tacos are an all-in-one meal and don’t need many extras on the side. I love adding loads of toppings to dress up your own and a few plain, fresh sides for all.
Per Serving: 409.4 calories; 54.3 mg cholesterol; 406.5 mg sodium; 17.3 g protein; 43 g carbohydrates.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!