Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 1 hr | Total Time: 1 hr 15 mins | Yield: 8 Servings
This will always be my ultimate comfort food! I learned this recipe when I was around 12 years old. My Aunt taught me this recipe and I’ve been cooking it ever since! For a spicy version, just simply add chilli powder at the end. I highly recommend you do it. You can thank me later! Anyway, I have listed all the ingredients and directions so all you have to do is to follow them step by step and you are good to go! As awesome as this recipe already is, feel free to add more ingredients if you prefer. You can add sausage instead of bacon. Have a beautiful day, friends. Enjoy!
6 slices bacon (chopped)
1 large onion (diced)
1 large head cabbage (cored and sliced)
1 1/2 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon paprika
1. Place a large pot on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
2. Add the bacon and cook until crispy. This usually takes about 10 minutes.
3. Remove the crispy bacon from the pot onto a clean plate lined with paper towels to drain any excess grease.
4. In the same pot with the bacon grease, add the garlic and onion. Saute until aromatic and caramelized. This will take you at least 10 minutes.
5. Add the cabbage slices and cook for another 10 minutes.
6. Sprinkle onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Stir until well mixed.
7. Turn the heat down to low, then cover the pot with a lid.
8. Simmer everything for another 30 minutes.
9. Remove from the heat.
10. Crumble the bacon, then spread them over the cabbage.
11. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!