Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 45 mins | Total Time: 55 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
These heavenly treats will surely make your day extra special! My kids could not get enough with these Garlicky Shrimp Zucchini Boats! Try this recipe now and prepare to fall in love with these delicious treats! Have a great day, friends, and I hope you are all well today. Enjoy!
4 large zucchini, halved lengthwise
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon thyme leaves
2 tablespoons butter
3/4 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 tomatoes, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 cup shredded mozzarella
Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. Slice the zucchini into two, then spoon the insides, then set aside.
3. Arrange the zucchini boats into a large baking dish.
4. Drizzle olive oil on top of the zucchini boats.
5. Season with thyme, salt, and pepper to taste.
6. Place them inside the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes.
7. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
8. Add butter and allow it to melt.
9. Add the shrimp, salt, and pepper. Cook each side of the shrimp for about 3 minutes or until done.
10. Remove the shrimp from the skillet onto a clean plate.
11. Slice the shrimp into small pieces.
12. Put them back to the skillet as well as the tomatoes, reserved zucchini, and garlic. Cook for about a minute or until aromatic.
13. Turn the heat down to low, then add the lemon juice, Parmesan cheese, and cream. Stir until well blended. Remove from the heat.
14. Fill each zucchini boat with the mixture, then top each with a generous amount of mozzarella cheese.
15. Place them inside the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted completely.
16. Remove from the oven and sprinkle more Parmesan cheese on top.
17. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!