Servings: 6 | Yield: 6 servings
Have you ever tried spaetzle before? If yes, then I’m happy to hear that, but don’t worry if you haven’t tried it, just get ready for a beautiful treat. These simple German Spaetzle Dumplings are the only ones you ever need and a perfect alternative to rice, noodles, or potato. It can be made in advance, which makes it less difficult to cook a meal for the whole family. It is my favorite dish too, it makes a perfect side for anything that comes with a sauce or gravy, such as goulash or stroganoff beef, but is also a wonderful main dish with melted cheese and crispy fried onions or with basic mushroom gravy.
Spaetzle is a special form of egg noodle that frequently combines and enjoy in other dishes such as the popular Käsespätzle as a side dish with gravies or sauces but also as the main ingredient. Just toss it with a bit of melted butter, and you’ve got a simple but tasty side dish that the whole family loves. They taste like chewy egg noodles and can make them savory, but sweet too. Try this recipe for German Spaetzle Dumplings, and enjoy it with your loved ones.
1 cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup milk
(2) large eggs
½ tsp ground nutmeg
(1) pinch freshly ground white pepper
½ tsp salt
1-gallon hot water
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp of chopped fresh parsley
1. Add and mix flour, salt, white pepper, and nutmeg. Then beat eggs well, and add alternately with the milk to the dry ingredients, mix until smooth.
2. Press the dough through a spaetzle maker, or a large holed sieve, or metal grater.
3. Then drop a few at a time into the simmering liquid. Cook 5 to 8 minutes, then drain well.
4. Cook and saute cooked spaetzle in butter or margarine. Add and sprinkle chopped fresh parsley on top, and serve.
Per Serving: 140.9 calories; fat 6g 9% DV; cholesterol 73mg 24% DV; sodium 268.6mg 11% DV; protein 4.7g 9% DV; carbohydrates 16.8g 5% DV.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!