Indulge your taste buds with our tantalizing ‘Golden Delight: Oven-Baked Cheesecake with a Honey Drizzle’. This isn’t your ordinary cheesecake; it’s a symphony of sweetness and richness, with a delightful twist of honey-infused flavors. Picture a fluffy, moist cheesecake topped with a golden layer of rock-fired cheese and a generous drizzle of honey. Each bite is an explosion of decadence, promising a memorable culinary experience.
For the Cake:
– 3 Large Egg Yolks
– 12g (1 tbsp) of Sugar
– 38g (40 ml) of Corn Oil
– 38g (38 ml) of Milk
– 60g (0.45 cup) of Pastry or Cake Flour
– 3 Large Egg Whites
– 2.5g (0.5 tsp) of Lemon Juice
– 35g (3 tbsp) of Sugar
For the Honey Cheese Sauce:
– 40g (2 pieces) of Cheddar Soft Cheese
– 30g (2 tbsp) of Whipping Cream
– 30g (1.5 tbsp) of Honey
– 12g (1 tbsp) of Unsalted Butter
– 80g (4 pieces) of Cheddar Soft Cheese (Optional topping)
1. Begin by preheating your oven to 150℃/300℉. Ensuring your oven is preheated to the correct temperature is crucial for achieving the perfect consistency for your cheesecake.
2. Separate the egg whites from the yolks, placing them in two different mixing bowls. Keep the egg whites chilled in the fridge while you work with the yolks.
3. In the bowl with the egg yolks, add 1 tablespoon of sugar. Whisk this mixture until the yolks are broken and the sugar is fully incorporated. Now, add the vegetable oil and continue whisking until the mixture is homogeneous.
4. Gradually add milk while continuously whisking the mixture. Once the milk is fully incorporated, sift in the cake flour. Mix the batter until the flour is just combined, then set the batter aside.
5. Retrieve the chilled egg whites from the fridge. Add the lemon juice to the egg whites. Using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites at medium speed for about 20 seconds, or until they start to foam. At this stage, gradually add 3 tablespoons of sugar, continuing to mix at low speed until the mixture reaches a soft peak. Remember, it’s essential not to overbeat the meringue once it has achieved the soft peak consistency.
6. Incorporate the meringue into the cake batter in three stages. After each addition, gently fold the meringue into the batter, ensuring it is well incorporated before adding the next batch.
7. Pour the final mixture into a 6 by 3 inches removable bottom cake pan. Bake the cake in the middle rack of your preheated oven for 55 minutes.
8. Once baked, immediately invert the cake to cool upside down. This technique helps to maintain the fluffy texture of the cake.
9. While the cake is cooling, prepare the honey cheese sauce. Combine the cheddar soft cheese, whipping cream, honey, and unsalted butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave this mixture for about one minute, then whisk together the melted ingredients.
10. Place a sheet of parchment paper over a baking tray. De-mold the cooled cake onto the tray, then pour the honey cheese sauce over it. Ensure the sauce covers the top and sides of the cake.
11. If you’re using the optional cheddar soft cheese topping, place the cheese pieces on top of the cake. Bake the cake in the middle rack of the oven, now preheated to 220℃/425℉, for 5 minutes.
12. Once the cheesecake is out of the oven, give it a final drizzle of honey. Your ‘Golden Delight: Oven-Baked Cheesecake with a Honey Drizzle’ is now ready to be served. Enjoy this sweet delight warm, and watch as it brings a smile to everyone’s face.