Imagine a bun that’s as soft as a cloud and as sweet as honey. Welcome to the world of Golden Honey-Infused Cloud Buns! These buns are the epitome of comfort food, marrying the natural sweetness of honey with the fluffiness of freshly baked bread. Perfect with tea or on their own, these buns promise a burst of sweetness with every bite. Whether you’re an experienced baker or just starting out, this recipe is designed to guide you step-by-step to bun perfection.
**Ingredients for Golden Honey-Infused Cloud Buns:**
– **Wet Mix**:
– Fresh or Long-life Milk (room temp to lukewarm): 1 cup (250ml)
– Egg: 1
– Honey: 3 tbsp (45g)
– Instant Yeast: 2 and ¼ tsp (7g)
– **Dry Mix**:
– All-Purpose Flour: 3 cups (375g)
– Sugar: 2 tbsp (30g)
– Salt: 1 tsp (5g)
– Softened Butter (unsalted): 1/3 cup (70g)
– **For Eggwash**:
– Egg: 1
– Milk: 2 tbsp
**Steps to Create Golden Honey-Infused Cloud Buns:**
1. **Preparing the Wet Mix**: In a spacious mixing bowl, pour in the milk, egg, honey, and instant yeast. Stir with passion until all elements are beautifully combined.
2. **Incorporating the Dry Mix**: Gradually introduce the all-purpose flour, sugar, and salt into the wet mix. As you blend, let the dry ingredients immerse themselves fully.
3. **Introducing Butter**: As you near the halfway mark of mixing, gently fold in the softened butter. Continue the kneading process. Don’t be alarmed if the dough appears somewhat dry; refrain from adding any liquid. Achieve a cohesive dough consistency.
4. **Hand or Mixer Kneading**: If you have a stand mixer, use the hook attachment to knead on medium speed for about 5 minutes. Alternatively, place the dough on a lightly floured surface, and with your hands, knead it till it’s smooth and elastic. The “windowpane” test is a great way to check your dough’s readiness – if it doesn’t tear easily when stretched, it’s perfect!
5. **First Proofing**: Shape your dough into a neat ball and place it in an oiled bowl. Cover it and let it embark on its first rise, which should last about an hour or until it has doubled in size.
6. **Shaping the Buns**: Once risen, release the gas trapped in the dough by giving it a gentle punch. Roll it lightly and segment it into 15 equal portions (you can adjust based on your desired bun size). Shape each segment into a ball and arrange them on a baking tray or dish. Let these future buns rest and rise for another hour or until they’ve doubled in volume.
7. **Baking to Perfection**: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175°C). Gently brush the tops of the buns with an egg wash. Bake them for 20-25 minutes until they’ve achieved a golden hue.
8. **The Final Touch**: As soon as they exit the oven, grace the buns with melted butter. This ensures they remain soft for days.
– **Serving Suggestions**: These buns are a delight on their own but try pairing them with additional honey, butter, or even your favorite jam for an elevated taste experience.
– **Storage**: Keep any leftover buns in an airtight container to maintain their softness.
– **Experience**: Every bite of these buns is a testament to the love and effort you’ve poured into them. Relish the process, enjoy the outcome, and most importantly, share the joy of these Golden Honey-Infused Cloud Buns with loved ones.
Happy baking and bon appétit!