Welcome to the world of luxurious desserts with our ‘Golden Indulgence: Cream Cheese Pound Cake.’ This is not just any pound cake; it’s a culinary masterpiece boasting a beautiful golden-brown crust with an incredibly soft and moist interior. Infused with the richness of cream cheese and a hint of citrus, this pound cake promises a delightful experience in every bite. Whether you’re a baking novice or an expert, this recipe will guide you to create a dessert that’s bound to impress.
– 3 cups (390 grams/ 13.7Oz) all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1 1/2 cups (340 grams/ 12Oz) unsalted butter, room temperature
– 1-8 ounce (226 grams/ 8Oz) package of cream cheese, room temperature
– 2 3/4 cups (550 grams/ 19.4Oz) of granulated white sugar
– 2 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
– Zest (outer skin) of one lemon or orange (optional)
– 6 large eggs, room temperature
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) and place the oven rack in the center of the oven. Butter and flour (or spray with a nonstick spray that contains flour) a 10-inch (25 cm) bundt pan.
2. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. In the bowl of your electric mixer, or with a hand mixer, beat the butter and cream cheese until smooth.
4. Gradually add the sugar, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed, and continue beating on medium-high speed until light and fluffy (about 5 minutes).
5. Add the vanilla and lemon zest and beat until incorporated. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
6. Add the flour mixture, in three additions, and mix just until incorporated. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
7. Bake for about 55 – 70 minutes or until the cake is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
8. Remove the cake from the oven and place it on a wire rack to cool for about 20 – 30 minutes so it has time to set.
9. Remove the cake from the pan to finish cooling. This cake will keep for about 3 to 4 days at room temperature and for about one week in the refrigerator. It can also be frozen.
Indulge in the golden perfection of this Cream Cheese Pound Cake, a dessert that combines simplicity with sophistication. The delicate blend of flavors and the heavenly soft texture make it an ideal centerpiece for any special occasion. Serve it with a dollop of whipped cream or fresh berries, and you have a dessert that’s sure to win hearts.