Prep: 25 mins | Cook: 35mins | Total: 1 hr | Serving: 8 | Yield: 1 9-inch pie
It is the most delicious pie I’ve ever tasted, thanks to my lovely grandmother. Butterscotch is frequently neglected and ignored in a world filled with salted caramel but not anymore. It is just too perfect, something that will only exist in our imagination. My grandma told my father that she was able to put all the ingredients with the help of my grandfather. My grandma has difficulty tasting a certain food, but it never stops her love of baking. When I first heard of that story, I thought to myself that there are no boundaries if you truly love something. And also, true love exists.
I am running a small business of pastries right now, and I must say this one hits differently. My customers were so excited whenever this pie is available in the bakery. They would ask me for the recipe, which I gladly share with them. I am not afraid of competitions because my Grandma told me that even if everyone knows the recipe, it will still boil down to how much love you put in what you do. Also, sharing is caring.
1 cup Sugars, brown
4 tbsp Cornstarch
½ tsp Salt, table
2 cups Milk, reduced fat, fluid, 2% milkfat, with added vitamin A
(2) Egg, yolk, raw, fresh
1 tbsp butter, with salt
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1 (9 inches) Pie crust, standard-type, frozen, ready-to-bake, baked
1. At the top of a double boiler, add and combine brown sugar, cornstarch, salt, and milk. Cook until mixture starts to thicken, about 20 minutes, stirring constantly.
2. Whisk in egg yolks, and then continue to cook and stir until filling thickens.
3. While the pudding mixture is cooking, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
4. Remove filling from heat and then stir in the butter and vanilla.
5. Pour filling into prepared pie crust. In the preheated oven, bake until top begins to brown, about 5 minutes.
Per Serving: 258.6 calories; 59.9 mg cholesterol; 292.6 mg sodium; 3.4 g protein; 41.5 g carbohydrates.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!