Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 45mins | Total: 1 hr 5 mins | Servings: 12 | Yield: 1 9×13-inch casserole
We spent each holiday with family at my parent’s house each year while I was growing up. It was always a beautiful night with our loved ones, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins to make memories and spend some time. Along with the wonderful family tradition, came the delicious food we enjoyed year by year. Grandma’s Potatoes had always been something everyone was looking forward to eating.
My grandma’s recipe for Cheesy Potato Casserole is a simple casserole that dresses up potatoes with lots of cheese and sour cream. Grandma’s Cheesy Potato Casserole is the perfect comfort food to spice up your soul. Try this recipe for Grandma’s Cheesy Potato Casserole now, and enjoy it with your loved ones.
(1) serving cooking spray
1 pound medium yellow-flesh potatoes, scrubbed, chopped into 1-inch cubes
1 pound red potatoes, scrubbed and chopped into 1-inch cubes
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
½ cup sour cream
½ cup mayonnaise
4 tbsp of salted butter, cut into small pieces
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Then grease a deep 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Add and place yellow and red potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; let it boil. Cook until soft, about 10 minutes. Drain.
3. Add and combine mozzarella cheese, Cheddar cheese, sour cream, and mayonnaise in a large bowl, mix well. Add potatoes and toss slowly, use a wooden spoon or flat spatula to avoid mashing the potatoes.
4. Put potatoes into the prepared pan. Then dot butter over the top and cover with foil.
5. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from oven and uncover. Then preheat the oven’s broiler, return to the oven and broil until the top turns brown for about 5 minutes.
If required, you can also line the baking pan up with parchment paper. If desired, use a deep or large pan.
Per Serving: 219.8 calories; fat 16.3g 25% DV; cholesterol 28.8mg 10% DV; sodium 176.5mg 7% DV; protein 5.4g 11% DV; carbohydrates 13.8g 5% DV.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!