Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 40 mins | Total Time: 50 mins
This Oatmeal Cake is the definition of perfection! Oh, man, you have got to give this one a try, I’m telling you! Feel free to add more ingredients if you prefer. I am 100 per cent certain that you and your family are going to love it. Have a blessed day, friends. Enjoy!
1 cup quick oatmeal
1 1/2 cups boiling water
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup oleo (butter or margarine)
2 medium Eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons soft oleo (butter)
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup milk or cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup flaked coconut
3/4 cup chopped pecans
1. In a mixing bowl, add boiling water and oatmeal. Stir until well mixed. Place it inside the fridge to cool.
2. In a mixing bowl, add oleo, eggs, and sugars. Beat until well mixed.
3. Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk until well mixed.
4. Add the cooled oatmeal and stir until well mixed.
5. Apply cooking spray in a 9×13-inch cake pan.
6. Transfer the batter into the prepared cake pan and spread it evenly.
7. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
8. Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for about 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean after inserting it in the middle.
9. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool at room temperature.
For the Frosting:
1. Place a small saucepan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
2. Add butter, milk, and sugar. Stir and heat until it boils.
3. Remove the pan from the heat, then add the coconut, vanilla, and pecans. Stir until well mixed.
4. Pour the frosting over the cooled cake and spread it evenly.
5. Allow the cake to cool completely at room temperature.
6. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!