Welcome to the world of dreamy desserts with our ‘Heavenly Soft: Cream Cheese Cake.’ This is not your ordinary cake; it’s a cloud-like delicacy that melts in your mouth, promising an unforgettable taste in every bite. Made using the scalded flour method and baked using a bain-marie technique, this cake delivers an extraordinary softness and moisture that’s unparalleled. It’s the perfect recipe for novices and experts alike. Let’s embark on this delightful baking journey!
– 5 Egg yolks
– 5 Egg whites
– 100g / 3.5 Oz Cream Cheese
– 75g / 2.6 Oz Cake flour
– 60ml Milk
– 70g / 2.5Oz Caster sugar
– 60ml Vegetable oil
1. Prepare two rectangle or round baking tins. Line them with parchment paper and then line the outside of the pan with two layers of foil. This helps prevent water from entering the tin during the bain-marie baking process.
2. In a heatproof bowl, combine 100 g of cream cheese and 60 ml of milk. Melt the mixture over a pot of simmering water, ensuring the bowl does not touch the water.
3. Once the cream cheese has completely melted and mixed with the milk, set it aside to cool.
4. Heat 60 ml of vegetable oil in the microwave for a minute. Pour the hot oil into the cake flour, stirring it into a silky batter. This is your scalded flour.
5. Mix the cooled cream cheese mixture with the scalded flour. Fold everything together with a spatula, then add in the 5 egg yolks, one at a time, mixing after each addition.
6. Place the mixture in the fridge for 10 minutes.
7. In a separate mixing bowl, add the egg whites and a few drops of lemon juice or vinegar. Whip on medium speed until small bubbles form. Gradually add 70 grams of sugar while continuing to whip until you reach soft peaks.
8. Fold a third of the meringue into the egg yolk mixture. Once well mixed, pour this combined mixture into the remaining meringue, stirring until you get a homogenous batter.
9. Pour the batter into the prepared baking tins, filling them to about 80% full. Tap the tins on the counter to release any trapped air bubbles.
10. Place the tins in a large baking tray, and add 450 ml of water to the tray. Bake in a preheated oven at 285 degrees Fahrenheit for about 60 minutes. After 60 minutes, increase the temperature to 300 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
11. Once baked, remove the cakes from the oven and peel off the parchment paper. Let them cool down before serving.
Indulge in the heavenly softness of this Cream Cheese Cake. Its delicate texture and exquisite flavor make it the perfect dessert for any occasion. Whether it’s a festive celebration or a casual afternoon tea, this cake will steal the show. Enjoy the cloud-like softness and let the taste take you to a dessert paradise!