Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Total Time: 40 mins | Yield: 20 Servings
If you are looking for a new and easy recipe for dessert, then you have got to give this one a try! This Honey Bun Cake is a must-try! A big thanks to my very good friend, Anna, for sharing this recipe with me because now, I get to share it with you as well! I have listed all the ingredients and directions so all you need to do is to follow them step by step and you are good to go! Have a blessed day, friends. Enjoy!
3/4 c vegetable oil
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 c brown sugar
4 large Eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 c sour cream
1/4 c milk
1 (15.25 oz.) package of yellow cake mix
2 c powdered sugar
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 162 degrees C or 325 degrees F.
2. Apply cooking spray to a 9×13-inch baking dish.
3. Add eggs, cake mix, sour cream, and vegetable oil into a large mixing bowl. Stir until well blended.
4. Add 1/2 of the batter into the greased pan and spread it evenly with an offset spatula.
5. In another bowl, add cinnamon and brown sugar. Stir until well blended.
6. Sprinkle the mixture over the batter.
7. Add the rest of the batter on top and spread it evenly.
8. Create a swirling pattern on top of the batter.
9. Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for about 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean after inserting it in the middle.
10. Remove from the oven.
For the Frosting:
1. Add milk, vanilla, and powdered sugar into a mixing bowl. Stir until well blended.
2. Pour the mixture on top of the hot cake and spread it evenly.
3. Allow the cake to cool at room temperature for 20 minutes.
4. Slice and serve. Enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!